Bringing you the best of Second Life since 2008.

Hair Fair - Woot


Hair Fair opens to the public tomorrow.  This year's theme is beachy; I'm guessing you could tell that. Boardwalks lead from beach house to beach house amidst sandy dunes and balloon-filled skies.  This year with a new powerful computer I am determined to visit every shop in the four sim area. First up, just by chance, was Osmium with a few shops in Iridiam as I TPed in.  

One of the big draws at Hair Fair each year -- besides being the first one to show off a new "do" of course -- are the freebies. Dollarbies and free gifts abound again this year, with most shops having presents and samples of their work. Some are in gift bags and some on the walls. While hair is often featured, just about anything can be inside.  The Poco Pals Bunny for example was part of a gift bag from TenFifteen, the hair above from a fatpack at LeLutka.


There are plenty of names you'll recognize as well as some new discoveries. My short and sassy style above is one of four, each in a variety of shades, from !!CiC. This BEN shortie is most likely for the guys, but I love it. The earrings are part of a pack from Bliensen + MaiTai.




As always, there are bandanna shacks scattered throughout the build. This year they each seem to contain the same styles so shopping is easier :D.

Remember, deprim and DESCRIPT as much as possible to cut down on the inevitable lag. Fly when you can as it is faster through the muck and sign up for the hair demo group to save shopping time.

Addendum: 

While there are still retailers setting up, I am happy to say that I visited all the booths that are open so far. I have landmarks of those I have missed and hope to catch them this evening. I found a few more great styles but rather than show you a "look at all my new hair" post, I will work them into others throughout the coming weeks.

Here is a tip when you visit Hair Fair 2011. When you enter the sim you will be offered a notecard with SLURLs of the various shops. There is also a map at the landing point.  The layout allows you to follow the boardwalks to reach all the shops, but because the landscape is so similar it is easy to get lost. Watch the map to make sure you are going in the direction you actually want :D.

Enjoy the fair. You have two weeks so if you don't love lag, wait a bit.



Comments

Popular Posts