Bringing you the best of Second Life since 2008.

Kid Stuff - Or Not

There is more snow on the mesa. The butterflies have left along with the books and the chairs. Surrealisms has been replaced by memories of cold bright days. The holidays are sneaking up on us, tapping us on the shoulder or yelling in our ears to remind us of season's past.  I am not a giant proponent of kid avatars, but I heartily support FINDING the kid in all of us. Sometimes life -- both real and virtual -- gets to be all about work and "must do" lists, So, if you feel like it, join me in putting a little more fun in life.

One spot for childlike joy is Sway's where a new cookie bear is out for Christmas. The Santa Crossing sign also hales from Sway's where the jolly fellow has dropped numbered bags of goodies. Find colorful boxes around the sim with phrases that unlock the bags. Come back on that calendar day, click on the bag and follow the instructions. If you played last year's Advent hunt game, it follows the same pattern. I have a collection of some of the answers. I had fun finding the boxes last week, but I admit some eluded me.

I've been down on gridwide  hunting of late, but sim hunts have always been more my style. The candy cane hunt at The Snowflake Experience is wonderful!  The tiny houses are so cute, the hunting pretty easy. Lag comes and goes; it was awful early this morning, but much better when I returned to take this photo. I had seen posts on the event (this is not NEW news :D) and finally got over there this morning. I went partly to look for photo op spots and partly to find the caribou. An hour later, with many prizes to unpack I figured out that the Baffle caribou is a present and not a hunt candy cane. Well duh!  In the meantime I had a wonderful time. You can purchase the fancier caribou behind me at the Baffle shop. Another Toys For Tots item is the cooking making table. The poses didn't fit me well, understandably, but I so love it I may drop back by soon with coins in my pocket.

********************************************

Another fun, kid type event (well maybe not so much *wink*) is the Santa's list daily drawing at chanimations and deviousMind. Win any item of your choice up to $2000 value.  Learn all about it here. The stores are in adult land, but you do not need to be verified to enter. You only need to have Payment Info On File status.

Here is my note to Santa:

Dear Santa -


I deserve lots of presents this year because I have faithfully taken pretty pictures, processed promptly and politely pasted prominently :D.


Chic Aeon


Today's outfit for my cold weather travels is new from Bang Bang. The warm and fleecy jumpsuit comes in gray, beige and black. The prim vest with hoodie is part of each set. The black jumpsuit comes with an orange vest, but I opted for a more neutral color. Vest is click resize, but other prim parts are no mod (fixed), so BBW avatars will likely have problems. It definitely keeps you warm in the snow!



Click on any photo for a high rez version. You may need to enlarge further with the zoom tool.


Style Notes: 

Hair: !!Calico Ingmann Creations!! Tracy -Blood
Skin: []::Tuli::[] The Dressing Room :: Gina 04
Clothing: Bang Bang - Wooly jumpsuit black (new)
Shoes: sf design shearling boot - black
Accessories: ::GB::Jaket-tied-around-Waist(RED)

Poses by: Sway's and Amacci

Comments

sisch said…
Thanks for featuring my jumpsuit and vest, Chic! :)
And for making me aware of the faulty permissions on some of the attachments.. I've corrected them now, everything is copy/mod as it should have been from the beginning!

- Sisch/ Bang Bang
Chic Aeon said…
Thanks for letting me know you changed the permissions. I have noticed that permissions are NOT "sticking" well especially on prim items so not too surprised. The good news I guess it that permissions seem to get more strict. The other day I found that a house I had built from scratch with NO scripts and FULL perm textures was suddenly no transfer. Hmmmm. So I check and check and check before putting something up at the marketplace and just hope all stays OK.

Popular Posts