Bringing you the best of Second Life since 2008.

Let's Talk Hunts


I had a long essay on hunting and gathering here, but I just deleted it all. Most of you don't care anyway *wink*. So let's keep it brief.


While I have enjoyed my role as a hunt prize provider of late, I have definitely been in the frustrated searcher camp. I am not alone. [Insert deleted paragraphs of philosophical whining here.]



So when I finally had a PLEASANT hunting experience, I wanted to pass along the spot. Both sets of  furniture shown -- and many more items that I didn't phtotograph including bookcases, books and accessories -- came from KANDI  BUILD. I ventured over there this noon to look for the Enileda Easter Hunt prize I had seen on a hunt blog. Visions of adding it to my Pose Fair 2010 shop were filling my head.  By the time I left, I had three prizes :D.



I also found an Easter Egg, but it just disappeared when I tried to rez it, and I've forgotten exactly where it was. So be surprised! The egg is striped and there is  a golden nugget should you stumble across it. The Enileda and Builder's prizes have hints for them at the main entry boards. They are still hard to find, but the hints DO help a lot. The purple recliner set is from Enileda and the brown set is from Builders.

I had been to Kandi Build several months ago. I bought a small house there. The store has moved and enlarged since then. The builds are basic and nicely textured. They are in the medium to low prim range and the prices are very reasonable. This is not a "I am the biggest and best and fanciest" place. It is for value and usability and taste. Since that is pretty much my outlook on building, it is no surprise that I like the items there.

 **************************

I would also like to hand out some gold stars to Violet Steamweaver who has done a stellar job on her first Wheel of the Year Hunt -- OSTARA . People had lots of help getting to the spots they wanted to get to and could do the whole hunt without a lot of frustration. Yeah!

I think that from now on I am going to put a hunters helper box in my shop with information to the official blogs and lists of the hunts. There are hunters that have no idea these exist, so frustration reigns.

Comments

Popular Posts